My life as an artist began at age ten when my parents let me learn basic art theory and practice under artist Sandar Khine, who has become a lifelong mentor. Then I got a Diploma in computer art from the University of Art and Culture Yangon in 2004. I got a Bachelor degree (M, B; B, S) from the University of Medicine (2) Yangon in 2009 and I become a medical doctor. But I started again for my art practice by learning from the internet and experimenting. I studied Master of Fine Art at Chiang Mai University but due to my family problem, I only finish 1st year of my study. I learned and tried to improve my artistic skills and also artist conceptual thinking through many artist residencies, workshops, and seminars not only locally but also internationally. I studied Diploma in Applied Psychology (Yangon University) in 2011 and I got a Certified Art Therapy life coach from Transformation, INC Florida in 2018. I got a Diploma in Sculpture at the University of Art and Culture Yangon in 2019. Currently, I am studying a Master of Psychology and learning and practicing to be an art therapist.
Art and Social experiences and activities:
2019 till present : Founded “Tharaphy Healing Space” Art and healing center together with artist Ma Ei where we open the art therapy workshops weekly.
2019: Participating in Curatorial workshop by Japan foundation Yangon.
2019: Participating in Abstract animation workshop by artist Mirai Mizue organized by Japan Foundation and Watha Film Fest, Yangon, Myanmar.
2019: Participating in Back pack project in Myanmar curated by Diasuke Takeya and Aung Myat Htay at Japan Foundation Yangon and Kaung Su San High School.
2018 : Participating in “Pure Gold “ Recycle art workshop by Dr. Axel Kufus (Germany), organized by Gothe Institute, at Secretariat Building, Yangon, Myanmar
2018 till now : Volunteer at Art therapy Center “ The Room” Yangon, Myanmar.
2018 : Gave recycle art workshop to primary school students from Banglong Thlae, Bangkok, Thailand.
2018 : Lead artist in Collective art project with Islamic Community peoples from Daru Ibada, Bangkok, Thailand.
2017 : Gave art workshop to college students at training college for kindergarten teachers, Vienna, Austria.
2017 : Gave art workshop to high school students at BAfep school, Hertzberg, Austria.
2016 : Participating in art workshops with SOCA students in Yangon, Myanmar.
2015 : Participating in art and culture exchange workshop program with international artists and making projects together with master students from Silpakorn University, Bangkok Thailand.
2013 : Collaborating with artist Nge lay, we gave art and craft training to vulnerable youth at youth rehabilitation center ( Hnwet Aww San ), Yangon, Myanmar, for vocational training in the field of art and craft. First, we gave training to interested youth volunteers about 1 month and together with them, we gave training to vulnerable youth about 3 months.
2011-2012 : Organized and Gave art and education short course programs to monastic schools children with interested youth volunteers from different fields about two monthly for two years at Myanmar.
Awards and other:
- Fellow of SEAD program -2 organized by Mekong Cultural Hub and British Council (2019-2020).
- One of feature artist in Silence is Golden Contemporary Myanmar artists DVD magazine.
- Panelist for “Women and Art in Myanmar” Talk at American Center, Yangon, Myanmar. March 2019
- Nominated for Sovereign Art Prize 2019
- Main Panelist for Art and Mentoring in daily life symposium at International conference working with people center process#3 at Bangkok, Thailand (December 2018)
- 2 months residency for Bangkok Biennale, Bang mod Canal community project, Bangkok, Thailand ( Sep-Nov 2018)
- Gave Lecture at Vienna Applied Art University. (June 2017)
- 3 months artist in residency at Vienna, Austria (April –June 2017)
- Panelist in cross border international art exchange program, Bangkok, Thailand (2015)
- Selected as Young Talented Artist by Ion Orchard Singapore for Affordable Art Fair Singapore (2015)
- Artist in Residency at Rhinbum Dahan , Malaysia (April-June 2014)
- Gave Art Talk at Tokyo Art University (July 2012)
- Creator Artist in Residency at Tokyo Wander Site by Japan Foundation (May-July 2012)
- Included in “Myanmar Painting: From Worship to Self-Imaging” by Evoheritage, Vietnam, as a young female artist - Golden Prize in the Fukuoka Child Art Competition (1997)
2019- “ 5 sense lab” Solo art exhibition at Myanm/Art, Yangon, Myanmar
2018 – “ Colors and Emotions” Solo art exhibition at OK art gallery, Yangon, Myanmar
2014 – Solo exhibition at Rinbum Dahan, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2012 – Solo exhibition at Tokyo Wonder Site, Tokyo, Japan
Participated in more than 30 group exhibitions internationally and locally.